Switcher Costs & Criteria:
1. The upper limit on switcher mortgages is 90% of the current value of your home. Switcher mortgages were specifically excluded in the changes to mortgage rules introduced by the central bank in early 2015.
2. As a guide you should budget in the region of €1,200 for legal costs to switch your mortgage. Currently there are incentives from lenders varying between €1,000 and €2,000 towards legal costs.
3. A valuation fee of approx €150 euro is also payable as the new lender will require an up to date valuation before a loan offer is issued.
4. You will need to have life cover to the value and term of your new mortgage in place before you draw down.
5. Redemption penalties may arise if you are breaking an existing fixed rate mortgage agreement. If you are looking to switch and are in a fixed rate mortgage agreement you will need to check with your current lender what if any penalty is payable if you switch.